Monday 23 May 2011

Tips on the Day-to-Day

Lets get a list going
  1. Eat - I forget and procrastination creeps in. Try nuts, seeds, fruit.
  2. Mix up your uppers - I gotta the energy up in studio so I have a caffeine addiction like alot of other electronic artists. I'm mixing it up now ginseng, guarana, etc. Working out well my days alot less stop-start ad I don't over-dose so often.
  3. Fake it till you make it - Musicians don't have an enrolling process. You wanna be one then you are. That means you get out there an throw punches like Tyson with dust in his eyes an see who you catch. Note that point, an come in with the children eating. You end up on your arse then you get back up with baby entrails for a chain. That way people know you mean business.
  4. When the drugs don't work - please feel free to debate this with me. But your weed addiction may help you lay some groove down; but it aint gonna help you pull the fatality the track deserves. I'm guessing the same goes for whatever your poison.
  5. Finish Him - I'm being Hypocritical I know, but it cant be said enough. You really think that track is so much better than the next. To be honest most of the time I can't tell you how good my shit is unless I'm making it. 1 week an I wont like it, 2 then maybe, bout 4 I can tell you how good it is if I'm in the right mood.
  6. Boundary's - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's spent so much time explaining that dispite what it looks like I'm working. 'One of those good problems, I suppose...'
Run out of time now. I'll come back to it. Feel free to add 7.

2 comments:

  1. 7 Keep on Keeping on I say - there's no substitute. 10 thousand hours and all that. People say to me all the time "I wish I could play a musical instrument" - well shit why just not spend hours and hours noodling away. It's the only thing that that works. If you wsh that you could have 10 minutes looking good on stage/behind the booth, well that's something else....

    ReplyDelete